SoCalGas Energy Savings Assistance Program
The Energy Savings Assistance Program offers no-cost, energy saving home improvement services to income-qualified renters and homeowners.
Improvements offered to eligible tenants* and homeowners** may include:
- Attic insulation
- Water heater blankets
- Door weather stripping
- Faucet aerators
- Minor repairs to exterior doors and/or windows
- Low-flow showerheads
- Evaporative cooler vent covers
- Furnace repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)
- Water heater repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)
*Renters need written permission from property owners to receive program services.
**Repair or replacement services may be available to eligible homeowners when existing natural gas units are deemed inoperable or hazardous.
Quality Conservation Services - SoCalGas Energy Savings Assistance Program
There are Two Ways to Qualify
1. If you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of these programs:
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid
- Medical for Families A & B
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- CalWORKs (TANF)1 or Tribal TANF
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
1 Includes Welfare-to-Work
2. Total income for all persons in your household meets the following income guidelines:
Number of Persons in Household - Total Combined Annual Income
1-2 - Up to $32,480
3 - Up to $40,480
4 - Up to $49,200
5 - Up to $57,560
6 - Up to $65,920
7 - Up to $74,280
8 - Up to $82,640
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2017 thru May 31, 2018. For each additional household member, add $8,360.
For more information on the SoCalGas Energy Savings Assistance Program visit: SoCalGas ESAP
Make your home more energy-efficient, comfortable and SAVE with cash rebates from The Gas Company®. The Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program offers cash rebates on qualifying energy-efficiency upgrades or improvements you make to your home (or condominium, up to four residential units). Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted.