The Southern California Edison (SCE) Energy Savings Assistance Program helps income-qualified households conserve energy and reduce their electricity costs. The program consists of installing energy-efficient appliances and equipment in eligible customers homes at NO COST.
Available services may include:
- Energy Efficient Refrigerator replacement
- Free appliances
- Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL’s)
- Pool pump replacement
- Torchiere lamps
- Smart power surge protector
- Weatherization services
- Cooling systems (may not be available in all service areas)
Does Your Household Qualify?
- To be eligible for the program, you must meet the qualifications:
- Be a homeowner or renter who receives electric services through a residential meter
- Have an active SCE service account
- Meet the program eligibility requirements, including the installation requirements
- Meet either of the qualifications listed below
If you’re thinking of applying for the ESA Program, you can easily see if you’re eligible. There are two ways to qualify.
1. You can qualify for the ESA Program if you or someone in your home participates in at least one of the eligible public assistance programs listed below.
- CalFresh/SNAP (Food Stamps)
- CalWorks (TANF)/Tribal TANF
- Medi-Cal for Families (Healthy Families A&B)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
2. You can also qualify if you meet the income guideline qualifications listed in this chart.
Maximum Household Income:
Number of Persons in Household - Total Combined Annual Income
1-2 - Up to $32,480
3 - Up to $40,480
4 - Up to $49,200
5 - Up to $57,560
6 - Up to $65,920
7 - Up to $74,280
8 - Up to $82,640
Each additonal person - $8,360
SCE offers a wide range of rebate programs for its customers. The programs goal is to help reduce energy use by upgrading current systems to higher efficiency appliances and measures. Homeowners can receive a wide range of rebates on things like home appliances (refrigerators, water heaters and washing machine), evaporative coolers, heating and cooling products, pool pumps and whole house fans. Click here to get more information about these rebates and other energy savings programs.