Participating Pacific Gas and Electric Company Program Sub-contractor
Energy Savings Assistance Program
The Energy Savings Assistance Program, funded by Pacific Gas and Electric Company, provides FREE comprehensive energy saving home improvements and services to income-qualified renters and homeowners, whose home is at least five years old. These are installed FREE by Quality Conservation Services and other approved and licensed contractors, provided your home has not already participated in this or a similar free weatherization program after 2014.
FREE energy improvements offered by Quality Conservation to eligible homeowners and renters* who are residential customers of Pacific Gas and Electric Company may include:
- Smart Wi-Fi connected Nest tm Thermostats
- Attic insulation
- Energy Efficient Refrigerator replacement
- SuperSaver LED light bulbs
- Replacement of outdoor lighting fixtures
- Torchiere lamps
- Smart power surge protectors
- Door and window weather stripping
- Caulking and sealing of air leakage points
- Minor energy saving repairs to doors, windows, walls, etc.
- Water-saving aerators and massage showerheads
- Water heater blankets
- Furnace replacement or repair** (owner-occupied only)
- Water heater replacement or repair** (owner-occupied only)
- Enrollment for CARE utility bill discounts of 20% (gas) and 30 + % (electric)
*Renters need written permission from property owners to receive program services.
**Repair or replacement services may be available when existing natural gas units are deemed inoperable or hazardous.
There are Two Ways to Qualify
1. If anyone in your household participates in any of these programs:
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- CARE Utility Discount Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
2. If your household’s total combined income meets the following guidelines:
Number in Household - Total Combined Annual Income
1-2 - Up to $33,820
3 - Up to $42,660
4 - Up to $51,500
5 - Up to $60,340
6 - Up to $69,180
7 - Up to $78,020
8 - Up to $86,860
Each additional person add $8,840
If you believe that you or your household may qualify for these FREE energy improvements, funded by Pacific Gas and Electric Company, begin your enrollment process now:
What You Can Expect After Applying:
- After a review of your data, including utility information, Quality Conservation will contact you to explain the program and to schedule a home visit at your convenience.
- During the visit, Quality Conservation’s licensed and badged Outreach Specialist will verify your eligibility and help complete all necessary paperwork. You will also receive tips on how you can save energy and reduce your utility costs.
- Assuming your home is eligible, you will be signed up for a discount on your utility bills and a date will be set for the free installation, normally done in a single visit, unless additional time is required. Quality Conservation installers will be licensed, badged and insured. Any needed permits will be pulled by Quality Conservation at no cost to you.
- After the installations, you may be contacted by our own inspector or by a Pacific Gas and Electric Company inspector to schedule a follow-up visit to review the improvements installed.
- ALL services are provided FREE to you. You will NEVER be asked to make any payments for any services provided by Quality Conservation.